So, you are using the Netgear WiFi network and want to make it more secure! Well, changing the WiFi password is the easiest security measure you should take to safeguard your Netgear wireless network. This post will teach you two different methods to change Netgear WiFi password with great ease. Scroll down to read more.
How to Change Netgear WiFi Password?
There are two different ways to change Netgear WiFi password: using the genie smart wizard and via the Nighthawk app. Let’s discuss both of the methods below:
Using the Netgear Genie Smart Wizard
Walk through the instructions mentioned below to change your Netgear router’s password using the genie smart wizard:
- Power on your Netgear wireless router.
- Open your favored web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear admin login window appears.
- Insert the user ID and password into the given fields.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear genie smart wizard will come into view.
- Navigate to the Administration > Set Password section.
- Fill in the old password and then the new password.
- Clicking on the Apply button to save the changes.
In this manner, you can change Netgear WiFi password to make your wireless network secure.
Via the Netgear Nighthawk App
In the event that you want to save yourself from the hassle of accessing the web interface, use the Netgear Nighthawk app to change the WiFi password of your Netgear router. Here’s how:
- Connect your mobile device to your home WiFi network.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Let the app install properly.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app.
- Enter the admin password of your Netgear wireless router.
- Tap on the Login button.
- Hit the WiFi option.
- Type your new WiFi name and password.
- Hit Save to make the changes effective.
Pretty easy? Well, it is! Just apply the aforementioned steps and change Netgear WiFi password with great ease. Also, bear in mind to enable the password recovery feature on your router so that if you have lost or forgotten the WiFi password after changing it, you can easily retrieve it.
Steps to Enable Password Recovery on Netgear WiFi Router
Here’s how to enable password recovery feature on your Netgear wireless router:
- Access the Netgear router login web page using the default web address or IP address.
- Once you are on the web GUI of your Netgear router, find the Advanced option.
- The password setting screen will display.
- Check the box that says ‘enable password recovery’.
- Now, check two security questions and answer them.
- It is recommended to select the simple and easy-to-remember answers to the security questions.
- Hit Apply.
The password recovery feature has enabled on your Netgear WiFi router.
The Final Thoughts
This was all about what you need to know regarding how to change Netgear WiFi password. However, if you get stuck at any step or still have any queries in your mind, feel free to contact our skilled technicians at any time.