Splendid news! Because you have locked down your local wireless network security and Netgear router setup settings, you are only one step behind to access your wireless network.
But the bad news? Relying on which passphrase you do not remember – the password that allows you to connect your computer to your home WiFi router, or the administrative passphrase key that you used to log directly into your Netgear WiFi router.
Let’s begin with the easy way to find the network security key.
Forgotten Wireless Network Security Key? Reset the Router
Once you have saved a wireless network password on your computer. After all, you won’t ever need to change it – though experts recommend changing all of your Netgear router passwords a few times a year. Resetting your wireless network password is easy. Just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Type your router login IP address into your web browser.
- At the router login screen, enter the default login credentials and hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Once you access the web configuration screen, hit on the ‘Wireless Settings’ on the left side of the screen.
- Type the new password.
- Hit on the Save button.
- That’s it! You are done here with the wireless network security password reset.
Somehow, if you face any issue during resetting your Netgear router wireless network password, get in touch with us.
Forgotten Admin Password? A Great Challenge to Fix
If you do not remember your Netgear router web configuration password, then you are in big trouble. But the good news is that you can reset your Netgear home router easily.
Steps to reset the Netgear WiFi router:
- Remove the Ethernet cable that connects your Netgear router and the modem (if any).
- Power on your Netgear WiFi router.
- Now with the help of a paperclip press the reset button.
- Wait until the LEDs on your router do not turn into solid green.
- Congrats! You are done here with the router reset process.
Caution: Resetting your Netgear WiFi router will remove all the personalized configuration settings. Fortunately, the good news is that within 5 minutes you can reconfigure your Netgear WiFi router. Let’s see how.
How to Reconfigure Your Netgear Router
After the reset process, your router resets back to the default factory settings. So, you need to reconfigure your home router.
Consider our below-mentioned router setup steps. Somehow, if you stuck or have some doubts on any step, feel free to get in touch with our experts via toll-free 1-866-463-6444.
- Connect the power adapter with your home WiFi router.
- Now, plug in the power adapter to an electric power outlet.
- Turn on the WiFi router.
- Run any web browser on your computer and visit routerlogin.net web page.
- Enter the Netgear router login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to configure your WiFi router.
- Once done, hit on the Save button.
Bravo! So, here you are done with the Netgear router setup process. Now try to connect your computer or smartphone to router’s ‘netgear_ext’ network to test the internet connection.