Updation of Netgear router firmware is very important to improve productivity and performance of your Netgear wireless router.
As a matter of fact, Netgear releases new and up-to-date firmware versions regularly – add new and advanced features and to fix routerlogin.net not working issues also.
If you wish to upload a specific firmware version of a technology or your main router fails to update its firmware, then we insist you to follow these easy to execute instructions. Remember that, these instructions are not applicable on modem and router combinations (cable gateways).
To upgrade Netgear router firmware manually you have to:
- First of all, from the Netgear download center, you have to download the latest and updated version of firmware for your WiFi router.
- Once done, save it to your desktop.
- Unzip the file only if needed.
- Now, use a computer or laptop that is properly and physically connected to your existing WiFi router through an Ethernet cable.
- Load up an internet browser from the connected device.
- Type routerlogin.net in its URL bar. In case the mentioned URL doesn’t work, then you can make use of Router login IP address (default) i.e. 192.168.1.1.
- Hit enter on your keyboard and type default username and password into the fields of Netgear router login page.
Do not use a device (computer/ laptop) that is connected to your main WiFi router wirelessly to upload the latest firmware.
Also, note it down that a wireless firmware update can corrupt your router’s.
For an answer to your query, dial a toll-free number and ask us for Netgear router support.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ option, then ‘Administration’ and after that, click on the ‘router update’ or ‘firmware update’ option.
- Now, click on ‘browse’ or ‘choose file’ option.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned step, spot and also highlight the saved file of firmware on your desktop.
- Click ‘open’ and after that, the ‘upload’ option once done.
Note: You are not supposed to interrupt the firmware update process as it can cause corruption that can damage the security settings of your router as well. So, you have to remain calm for some time and have patience.
Your router will automatically get rebooted once the latest firmware of technology is successfully uploaded on your device. In case your device does not reboot, then check the Router login Netgear page to confirm whether the new firmware version is uploaded or not.
If you are still facing issues in downloading the Netgear router firmware, then:
- Make sure that your main WiFi router is placed closer to the existing and up-to-date modem of yours. An outdated modem will not work.
- Also, ensure that your router is located openly at a higher shelf in an airy room.
- Make sure that there aren’t any interference-creating objects in reach of them. Such obstructions are microwave, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, metal gadgets, electronic appliances, public WiFi, treadmill, doors, concrete walls, and reflection of mirrors.
- Be certain that your device (computer or laptop) is connected properly to your Netgear wireless router.
- Also, you exit from the current web browser and try to login from another after a couple of minutes.
For any help, ask us for Netgear support.