Netgear is renowned for its amazing line of routers. Whether it is the latest Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router or R6400 router, people get optimal performance from Netgear WiFi routers. Although Netgear products are reliable, sometimes they also fail. Most of the users often find their Netgear router not working due to some technical issues.
Fortunately, it can be fixed with a few troubleshooting steps. Here, we will help you diagnose various Netgear router issues and ultimately, fix them. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Why is My Netgear Router Not Working?
Let’s walk you through the most common failures users reported about their Netgear router:
1. Netgear Router Login Not Working
Usually, you may come across issues such as unable to access routerlogin.net or can’t log in to your account before you can even use your Netgear WiFi router.
This issue is generally caused by wrong web address or login credentials. A non-working internet connection or improperly installed cables may also lead you to this problem.
2. Netgear Router Password Recovery Not Working
Most of the users lost or forgot their Netgear router password once they set up their router successfully. However, at times, they need to change their router’s settings, they require to enter that password. So, what to do?
This issue often occurs when users forget to enable the Password Recovery feature on their router.
3. Netgear Router Not Working After Reset
Despite the fact that resetting the router potentially fixes the existing issues, it can also probably make your Netgear router not working.
4. Netgear Router Not Connecting To the Internet
Another issue that users encounter is that their Netgear router not connecting to the internet. This can be due to the installation issues or from the Internet Service Provider’s end.
Facing one of the aforementioned issues with your Netgear router? Fret not! We are here to help you out. Read on.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Wireless Router Not Working
1. Check the LED Status on Your Netgear Router
Each Netgear WiFi router includes LED panels for faster problem diagnosis and troubleshooting. You need to check the status of the following lights on your router:
- Power LED: Should be solid green
- Internet LED: Should be solid green or white
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi LEDs: Should light up solid white
- USB LEDs: Should glow in solid white or green
On the off chance if any of these LEDs is blinking, amber, or off, it means that there is an issue. In such a case, restart your Netgear router and see if it works.
2. Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet
In the event that the Internet LED indicator shows you that Netgear router WiFi not working, consider the troubleshooting steps highlighted below:
- Disconnect the power cords of your Netgear WiFi router as well as the modem.
- Now, connect the router to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your Netgear router and modem.
- Afterward, pull up an internet browser as per your liking.
- Type the default IP of your router in the URL bar and hit Enter.
- Once prompted, input the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
3. Other Possible Troubleshooting Tips
Still your Netgear router not working? Gotcha! Here, we have highlighted a few other troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the issue as soon as possible. Let’s have a glance at them:
- Be certain that your Netgear WiFi router is receiving a steady power supply from the wall socket.
- Should you encounter any login issues with your WiFi router, please check that you are using a correct web address, user ID, and password.
- On the off chance if you are seeing an error even after using the correct web address, wipe out the cache, cookies, and history from your chosen web browser and then try again.
- Check the number of devices connected to your Netgear router. In the event that there are multiple devices connected at the same time, disconnect the ones that are superfluous.
- Verify the version of Netgear router firmware you are making use of. Don’t forget to update it just in case it is outdated.
If still your Netgear wireless router not working, contact our experts and ask them for Netgear router support and guidance. Dial toll-free 1-866-463-6444.