Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Setup
Have you recently bought Nighthawk AX12 12-stream WiFi 6 router? If so, you would probably be looking for Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Setup instructions, right? Well, you have reached the right place. Here, you will find the complete setup steps for your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-stream WiFi 6 router.
The AX12 router comes in two different models i.e.
- AX6000 RAX120
- AX11000 RAX200
No matter which Netgear Nighthawk router model you own, the AX12 setup steps will remain the same.
Let’s get to know how to setup Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router.
Netgear AX12 Setup Steps
The Netgear Nighthawk App (formerly Up app) makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your router in a few steps – just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once you are done with Netgear Nighthawk RAX120/RAX200 Setup, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause the Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test and much more.
The below-mentioned steps will be your guide for Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Router Setup using the Nighthawk application:
- Connect the provided antennas to the router.
- Also, connect the modem to the internet port of your router.
- Turn on the router and let the WiFi LED lit.
- Now take your mobile device (Android or iOS), open the Play store/App store.
- Search and download the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- After the download, open the Nighthawk application.
- Execute the on-screen instructions for setting up Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Smart WiFi router.
Nighthawk AX12 Setup
For users’ convenience, we have sub-divided the complete Netgear Nighthawk AX12 setup in two modules – Setup Step A and Setup Step B respectively.
Setup Step A- Netgear Router Configuration
Prior to the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router setup, you need to physically connect your router using these means:
- Remove any cables connecting to the computer. Plug in the modem power adapter and check the power light to ensure the modem is on.
- Connect the AX12 12-stream WiFi 6 router. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the internet port on the router. The internet port is slightly set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Plug in the router power adapter and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
Setup Step B: Netgear Router Login
- Launch a web browser.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If http://www.routerlogin.com does not work, try the following: http://192.168.1.1
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the default login credentials.
- Click or tap Log In.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
Once you are on the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Router Setup portal, execute on-screen instructions (vary as per model) to set up your router in few minutes.
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the issues provided above, contact expert technicians via chat or email.
You can also dial our toll-free 1-866-463-6444 for quick assistance.
Can’t Setup Netgear Nighthawk AX12?
- First of all check all the cable connections – power cable and the Ethernet cable.
- There should not be any loose cable connections.
- Keep a visible distance between the router and modem. This will ensure that WiFi signals are not clashing.
- In case you have many devices currently connected with your network, turn off the devices that are not in use.
- Ensure that the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 AX11000 RAX200 or AX12 AX6000 RAX120 router is getting adequate power supply.
- If routerlogin.net not working, check the web browser first.
- The web browser should not be outdated.
- Clear the cache and cookies, also disable any proxy servers if using.
- Reboot the whole network and power cycle router as well as modem.
- In case you’re connected through wireless, establish a hard-wired connection.
- If Netgear Default username and password not working, double-check the credentials from the manual.
- For lost credentials issues with www.routerlogin.net admin, hard reset your router.
- To resolve VPN issues during the Netgear AX12 Router Setup, disable the proxy servers and the firewall.
- For Netgear 404 error, check the DNS servers and hard refresh the web page.
- Netgear Router Orange Light errors can be eliminated by identifying and troubleshooting the various connectivity issues with the router.
- To deal with Netgear Router error 651, reinstall the network adapter driver manager under control panel and update the firmware of your router.
If you still face any issue during the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Setup, contact our knowledgeable technicians by dialing the toll-free 1-866-463-6444.