Netgear Router Login
Netgear router login is the first step to setup your router and the wireless network. If you’re currently connected with your router, click below to go directly to the router login page.
- Connect your computer with the router using the Ethernet Cable.
- Now you will get auto redirected to routerlogin.net
- It is the default web address for router login portal.
- If you do not get auto redirected, use 192.168.0.1.
- Give your username and password on the Netgear router login screen.
- The default username is admin and password is password.
- You’re done!
However despite such an easy task, still many users face problems while accessing this address. Like they get redirected to sites where there is nothing given about the router login. Or the page just refuses to open which leads to error like router login page not opening or working. For resolving these issues, the troubleshooting guides are given below.
Router Configuration Page
Once you’re on the router login page which is routerlogin.net, you will need these steps to complete the setup of your router:
- First of all, if the default credentials do not worked for routerlogin net login, do a complete factory reset of your device.
- After the reset, login to the router. This time, the credentials will work.
- Now on the home page of the portal, select the “Advanced” option and click on “Setup Wizard”.
- Allow the wizard to detect the internet connection type by clicking on “Yes”.
- Wait till the smart wizard detect the internet connection type. It may take a minute or two.
- Finally, once the congratulation page appears.
- Check the internet connection by clicking on “Take me to the Internet.”
Tip: You might need to update the firmware of your router prior to the setup. For assistance regarding firmware update, call 1-888-957-6174 or check out – How to update Netgear Router Firmware?
Tips To Resolve Router Setup Issues
- www routerlogin net login
- netgear router login password
- netgear router reset
- Routerlogin.net not working
- netgear router ip setup
Can't login to routerlogin.netCan't access to routerlogin.net or can't login to router is almost an ordinary issue when it comes to Netgear Router Setup. To get rid of this, first you must check the web address that you are using. Almost 2 out of 5 users, mistype the router login address that is the www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com. Then cross verify the username and password. These both credentials are case-sensitive so type them cautiously. If you're not aware of these default login credentials, check the user manual of your router. Ensuring the above mentioned precautions will definitely help you to get rid of “cant access routerlogin.net” error.
Username and Password InvalidIf you get a message - “username or password is invalid” while accessing routerlogin.net then first of all cross-verify the username and the password. Type them cautiously without any typos and remember they are case-sensitive. If you have change the default username or password, and now you are not aware of what it is, then its time to factory reset your gadget. Doing the reset will allow the use of default username and password i.e. “Admin” and “Password” to get access to routerlogin.net. But do remember that it will also reset all the saved setting to by-default.
Got stuck on the Router Login screen?If you got stuck on the router login screen then there is an issue with the internet connection. Check if you can surf internet on your other home devices. If not, restart the modem and connect your computer directly to the modem using the Ethernet cable. Now check the internet connection by opening any website such as YouTube. If still you're unable to surf the internet, consult to your Internet Service Provider. Also, try resetting your router. You can check – How to reset Netgear router to factory settings?
Routerlogin.net not working or responding?
If the router login portal's web address is not working or responding, then check the version of the web browser that you are using. Your browser should be updated to the latest version. Apart from that, clear the cache and cookies of the browser.
Also, avoid doing typos while typing the web address www.routerlogin.com. Some users commit common typo like they sometimes type www.routerlognnet and get redirected to third-party websites. So avoid doing this.
Getting Invalid response routerlogin.net admin?Generally this happens with the users of Google Chrome web browser. Users get this error ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE when they try to access the routerlogin.net admin page. As per the reports of official Google Chrome Help forum , there was a security issue. And this can be resolved by updating the chrome to the latest version. Other thing is uninstall and reinstall the web browser. But still many chrome users are out of luck for this issue. In the nutshell, using a different web browser like Firefox or Safari can help.
Issues with IP addressFor setting up the router using the smart wizard, you need the IP address of the router. You put the IP address in the address bar of the browser and it takes you to the Netgear router setup smart wizard. However, novice or not so tech savvy users are not aware of their device's IP address. For this, firstly read the user manual of your router. There you will get to know what is the IP address of your router or where to find it. Commonly it is the 192.168.0.1 for most of the Netgear Routers. And if that doesn't work for you try 192.168.0.2.
Still unable to find the solution?
Check out our help blogs for quick and easy solutions for any router login or setup related issues.
Looking for online SUPPORT?With our round-the-clock support by professional experts, help is just a call away.
How to change Netgear Router login credentials?
Now as you have set up your Netgear Router login, you might think to change the routerlogin.net credentials. This is to enhance the security of your network. Generally, the default credentials are very ordinary to guess. It increases the risk of your network security. Which make easier for others including intruders to get access to your network. Hence, you must keep updating the credentials time to time. For changing these credentials, you need to get access to router login Netgear portal using your current login username and password.
Just type the IP address of your router on the address bar or search bar of web browser and press enter. Once you are in the portal, tap on “ADVANCED” option and then on “ADMINSTRATION”. Here you will find the option of “set password”. Type in your old password and the new password in the prompted boxes. Click on “Apply”.
Explore more with Routerlogin.net Help Blogs
Netgear Cable Router Setup Process
Netgear Cable Modem Router Setup with Smart WizardThese steps will help you to configure and setup Netgear_ext setup with the help of smart wizard (for Cable connection):
- Link up the Cable port of the Router to the phone line using the Cable micro filter.
- Then connect the computer to the LAN port of the router via the Ethernet cable.
- Then connect the power supply unit to the router and let the device properly boot up.
- And then open a web browser, be it be Google Chrome , Firefox or the Safari.
- On the very top, there is the address bar where you have to type the IP address.
- For Netgear_ext setup, the IP address is 192.168.0.1. Use the default username and password to login.
After entering the correct username and password, you get redirected to the smart Wizard. Here you have to do the remaining steps for setup, and these are:
- First of all you will have to select your language and country. Wait till Setup wizard detect the connection.
- The next page that appears after setup wizard detect the connection type is configuration settings page.
- Once the connection gets detected, use your PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet) login credentials provided by the ISP.
- Further, Wizard will detect the Dynamic IP setup. Click on Apply to grant Wizard the access to dynamic IP. Test your internet connection.
For any queries, ask router experts at 1-888-957-6174.
Netgear Cable Modem Router Setup with Netgear GenieThese steps will help you to configure and setup your Netgear Cable router through Netgear Genie Wizard (for Cable connection) :
- Link the Cable port of the router to phone line through the Cable micro filter.
- Thereafter, use the Ethernet cable to connect the computer to the router's Ethernet port.
- Then connect the power supply unit to the router and let the device properly boot up.
- Going further, open any available and updated web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- It will get auto redirected to Netgear Genie Setup Screen. Enter your username and password.
- Use the username and password provided in the user manual and hit Enter. Start configuring your router.
After configuring the router and signing in to Netgear Genie wizard, execute these steps:
- Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard detect the type of internet connection, you will be asked for PPPoE credentials.
- Enter these credentials in the prompted boxes on your screen. If you're not aware of these details, ask your ISP.
- Tap on “take me to internet” to cross check the internet connectivity of your router.
- And if you are failed to get your router configured, re-execute the whole process under the expert's supervision.