Are you done with the configuration of your new Netgear router? Are you experiencing no internet issues on the router? If yes, then don’t worry, we are here to assist you to resolve this trouble in a hassle-free manner. The Netgear router has a huge reputation in the internet industry as it has many flawless and awesome features that users use to enhance their internet experience. People enable all the features by accessing the routerlogin page. But, as we mentioned above, users face the new Netgear router no internet issue due to which they are not able to access the login page of the router.
In this blog, we have jotted down all the contributing factors behind it and also give some effective and suitable troubleshooting tips that will assist you in no time. We suggest you readout the article without skipping any points.
Reasons: Netgear Router No Internet
To your knowledge, there are a tremendous number of reasons that cause the new Netgear router no internet issue. We discuss some major reasons here in brief. You just need to walk through them so that you identify the factors properly.
Damaged Ethernet Cable
The very first reason that causes the new Netgear router no internet issue is no internet connection from the modem. Because some time modem does not supply the accurate internet network to the router due to a problem with the Ethernet cable.
There is a chance that the cable is damaged or broken from somewhere as a result leads to a network problem.
Wireless interference also could be the reason behind the new Netgear router’s no internet issue because due to WiFi interference router does not get the proper network.
It is seen that many users of Netgear are not aware of the placement of the router and they place the device far away from the host modem which creates internet issues.
There is a possibility that your new Netgear router is surrounded by temporary hiccups due to over-usage.
These were the most contributing factors that cause the new Netgear router no internet issue. You need to keep these reasons in mind while troubleshooting the issues. Now, let’s move to the next section in which we explained all the possible solutions.
Fix: New Netgear Router No Internet
Power Cycle the Router
We start with the power cycle of the router because by restarting the device, 8 out of 10 users were able to fix this internet issue. So, maybe you are in luck and will be able to fix it.
Plus, as we said above, device becomes the victim of temporary hiccups due to over-usage. So, by rebooting the device you will eliminate the technical glitches.
If you are unaware of the restart process, then follow the following steps:
- Firstly, turn off the Netgear router and remove the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Thereafter, give the recovery time to the router.
- Plug the device back into the working power socket.
Now, turn on the device and check the router’s internet to ensure the issue is resolved or not. If not, then move to the next hack.
Check Internet Connection
Now, you need to check the internet connection carefully. Below we mentioned some points you need to take care of these while checking.
- First, you need to check the modem’s internet connection to make sure it gets the proper internet connection from the ISP or not.
- Inspect the Ethernet cable if you make the wired connection between the router and host modem. The Ethernet cable should be non-damaged. If you found any broken area on the cable, then try to change the cable or repair it if possible.
- Check the loose connections of the Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable should be properly inserted into the device’s Ethernet ports.
Remove WiFi Interference
To remove wireless interference from the new Netgear router you need to keep the following points in mind:
- Do not place your router near the home appliances including speakers, smart TVs, microwaves, washing machines, and many more. These devices have electromagnetic waves that cause WiFi Interference.
- Try to keep the router away from metal objects because they also cause wireless interference in the networking device.
Hence, these are the important hacks that you need must follow to resolve the new Netgear router no internet issue in a hassle-free manner.
Now you know all the reasons behind the new Netgear router no internet issue. This issue can be fixed easily by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips. However, in case you are not able to get rid of the trouble, then reach out to our team.