Without accessing the administrative page of a router, it is impossible to make changes to the home network settings. It has been found that more than 75% of users fail to access the admin page a.k.a. the login page of their WiFi routers. The reason being, they are unaware of the complete process. By any chance, if your name also falls on the list of those users, this post will help you change your luck. Here, we’ve provided the detailed instructions on how to access router admin page. So, read on.
Before You Access Router Admin Page
The process of accessing the admin window of the router requires you to take notes of a few details and arrange some accessories. Given below are the prerequisites that you must complete before you head over to access the router’s login portal:
1. The Default Address of Router: The default address (web or IP) of the router will act as a gateway through which you will be able to reach the admin page. FYI, the default web address of the most popular brand Netgear router is routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com whereas the default IP address is 192.168.1.1. You can use any of them.
If you are using a WiFi router from another brand, you are suggested to check the user manual of the router to know about the default web or IP address.
2. The WiFi Password of Router or LAN Cable: You need to either take notes of the WiFi password of the router or arrange a well-working LAN cable. It is required to connect the computer to the router using a wired or wireless mode.
Moving on, let’s shed light on the instructions that can help you access the admin page of the router.
How to Access Router Admin Page?
Let’s start the process by checking the cable connection established between the modem and your WiFi router. You need to ensure that the LAN cable connection is strong and is held with the help of an intact cable. Moreover, ensure that the cable is connected to the correct ports of your WiFi devices. The LAN1 port of the modem is supposed to be connected to the Internet port of the router. Once confirmed, follow the steps given below to proceed further:
- Switch off your modem first and let it stay idle for 10 minutes.
- You are required to do the same with your WiFi router.
- Now, switch on your modem and then the router.
- The next step is to connect the computer to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- You can skip the previous step if you have the router’s WiFi password.
- Now, switch on your computer.
- Locate the Network and Internet Settings and key in the router’s WiFi password after selecting its network.
- Click Connect.
- Once done, open an internet browser and input the default web or IP address of the router.
- Hit Enter.
- The router’s admin page will appear.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully accessed the admin page of your wireless router. Here, you will see the Username and Password fields depending on the router model you own. So, enter the required details and click Log In (or Sign In). Just in case you’ve accessed the Nighthawk router login page using the aforementioned instructions, you must enter admin into the Username field and password into the Password field. However, these details will only work if your router is running on the default settings.
The Bottom Line
Here ends our post discussing how to access router admin page. We hope that after following these steps, you will successfully be able to access the admin portal of your router and log in to it. But, what if you cannot access the router’s admin page? In that scenario, you are supposed to:
- Update the web browser you are using to access the WiFi router’s login window
- Check the internet connection status by running a speed test and performing the required workaround
- Restart your WiFi router and start the login process once again
- Check the web or IP address
- Ensure that you’ve entered the default address of the router into the address bar of the browser
After taking care of the aforementioned things, you will successfully be able to access the admin page of the router. Now, you can log in to it and make the desired changes to its settings.