90% of users owning a Netgear WiFi router don’t know the importance of assigning a unique admin password to the device. The reason being, they are completely unaware of the fact that every networking device launched by Netgear operates on the default password having the value password. It means the default password if not modified will act as a master key to unlock the door to the settings panel of your home WiFi router. And you never know, with what intentions a person visiting your house connects to your home network and end up manipulating the network settings. Keeping this in mind, you are suggested to go through this www.routerlogin.net change password guide once. FYI, the Netgear WiFi router login password is also known as the routerlogin.net password and you are suggested to change it as soon as possible. Read on.
www.routerlogin.net Change Password: Steps
Here are the steps that will help you change the administration password of your Netgear wireless router in a matter of minutes. But, before you execute the process, keep in mind to take notes of the following things:
- The default web or IP address of your wireless router
- The router’s SSID (network name) and the WiFi password (network key)
Step 1: Check Connections
We are assuming that the WiFi devices involved in the process are already powered up and all the LED lights on them are stable. But, it does not mean that you can proceed without verifying connections. Here are the things you need to check in order to move to the next step of executing the www.routerlogin.net change password process:
- The strength of the LAN connection between your WiFi devices. It should be finger-tight.
- The physical condition of the LAN cable in use. It is supposed to be non-damaged.
- Ports using which you have connected your WiFi devices. You must be using the LAN port of the modem and the Internet port of the router.
Step 2: Connect Computer to Router
After examining the perception of the LAN connection between the router and modem, you are suggested to connect the computer to the router through WiFi. To know about the default SSID and WiFi password of the router, check its label. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open Network and Internet Settings on your computer.
- Find the WiFi network name that belongs to your Netgear router.
- Click it and enter the password.
- Hit Connect.
Step 3: Visit routerlogin.net
The next step in line is to access the WiFi router login URL i.e. routerlogin.net by default. You are suggested to use the default IP address (given on the router’s label) in case you get the routerlogin.net not working error amidst the process. Given below are the steps that you must give a shot at to proceed:
- Open a web browser that is not running on an outdated software version.
- Go to the address field.
- Input routerlogin.net or the default IP.
- Hit Enter to reach the administration page of the router.
Step 4: Log in to Your WiFi Router
Here comes the most crucial part of the www.routerlogin.net change password process. As soon as you see the admin page of the router, you are supposed to input the password and username. Since your router is functioning on the default values, use them. But, do not forget to select Log In after entering the details. For your information:
- The default username: admin
- The default password: password
Step 5: Change the Password
Upon clicking the Log In option, you will see the BASIC Home screen a.k.a. the Status page of the Netgear WiFi router. Here, you have to locate the Administration settings and change the password. To know how read the pointers given below:
- Click Administration > Change Password.
- Enter admin in the Old Password field.
- Thereafter, input the new password into the New Password field.
- Confirm the password by entering it into the Confirm Password field.
- Save the changes.
The Bottom Line
The moment you save the changes made by you, your WiFi router will get the new password and you will get logged out of it. Consider logging in again using the new password you’ve just set.
With that, the time to wrap up the guide discussing the www.routerlogin.net change password has also come. We are very hopeful that you’ve successfully completed the process. To further secure your home network, you should install the latest firmware version on the router via the Nighthawk app or routerlogin web GUI. Apart from this, change the WiFi password.