Accessing a high-speed WiFi connection through a Netgear router and managing its network settings is not a difficult task. Still, this process becomes an ordeal for some users. The reason is the emergence of unexpected issues. Well, the issues aren’t always unpredictable. Some arise due to the problem from the user’s end. One such issue shows up when the user forgets the admin password of the router. Although the default password to complete the Netgear router login process is admin, it won’t work in the case the user has gone through the www.routerlogin.net change password process. The only solution that strikes the user’s mind in such a scenario is routerlogin.net password reset. Are you also thinking of the same?
Well, why reset the password when you can recover it? However, you can recover the password only under one condition. The condition is that you should have enabled the Password Recovery feature on the router at the time of the installation process. If you have done the same, then you are good to go. Otherwise, you can proceed to reset the routerlogin.net password. Given in the next section are the instructions that you should be giving a shot at in order to escape the routerlogin.net password reset.
How to Recover Netgear Router Admin Password?
The process of recovering the Netgear router’s admin password is quite easy. You do not need to be a god-level technician to go about the process. Here are the necessary efforts required from your end:
- Turn off your Netgear WiFi router as well as the modem.
- Now, have a thorough look at the LAN connection between both devices.
- Is the Ethernet cable undamaged? If yes, then you can jump to the 5th step.
- If the cable is found damaged, you are suggested to replace it with a functional one.
- Now, switch on your modem.
- Once the LEDs on the modem gain steadiness, head over to the router to power it up.
- Allow the lights on your WiFi router to settle.
- The next step is to switch on a computer or laptop and connect it to the router’s WiFi.
- You can also take the aid of the LAN connection.
- Thereafter, load Google Chrome or a similar internet browser.
- The routerlogin.net is the URL that you need to visit now.
- Make sure you do it through the address bar of the browser.
- Very soon, you will cross paths with the administration page of the Netgear router.
- Two fields named Username and Password will appear.
- Since you are unable to recall the admin password, click the Forgot Password link.
- You will see a window asking answers to a few security questions.
- Answer the questions carefully and proceed.
- The next screen will show the routerlogin.net password and username.
- Return to the admin window and use these details to log in to your Netgear device.
This is how you can recover the Netgear router password and bypass the routerlogin.net password reset process. But, you need to go through the process if you have forgotten the answers to security questions or have not enabled the Password recovery feature. In other words, the only solution you are left with in this scenario is the Netgear router reset process. Let us help you know how to get the process completed.
How to Complete Routerlogin.net Password Reset?
- Disconnect all the devices sharing a wired or wireless connection with the router.
- Once done, locate the Reset button on the router.
- You can find the button on the rear panel. However, its location may vary in some cases.
- Get hold of a pointed object right away.
- Use the pointed object to press and hold the Reset button.
- After a time frame of 25 seconds, release the button.
- Your router will now start flaunting the default factory settings.
In this manner, you can complete the routerlogin.net password reset process. It means your router is now running on the default values i.e. username – admin, password – password, SSID, and network key – mentioned on the router’s label. Use these details to set up your WiFi router again and resume your networking experience.
The Final Thoughts
Our guide explaining how to complete routerlogin.net password reset ends here. We are hopeful that you will be able to execute the process in a hassle-free manner. We also helped you learn how to recover the password in case you have enabled password recovery and want to bypass the reset process. Just in case, it was the reset process that helped you out, you are suggested to customize the network settings once again to improve the home network security and performance.